- Speedo Minder gives you Speed Limit & Speed Camera data using HERE.com Maps API for offline road data.
The Speedo Minder App monitors your GPS speed against your customized 'over-speed' settings.
- When you exceed your pre-set 'over-speed' the Speedo Minder app
delivers an audio alert plus vibrates your phone and your iwatch (watchOS Only) to vibrate you a warning.
- No! Speedo Minder will use offline HERE maps for data.
But you will need the phone to be open to the sky for the GPS signal.
- If you ever want to temporarily silence the alerts,
tapping the speaker icon will pause alerts for 30 seconds.
- The app needs your GPS location in order to know the local speed limit data.
- Drivers will find their own configuration to best suit their driving conditions.
Setting the ‘over-speed’ to +3 and the ‘Repeat Alert Frequency’ to every 4 seconds will work for most drivers.
- The iwatchOS app is in development and will be available early mid 2018.
- If you need to answer a call the app will continue to ‘run in the background' for a short period.
As a self-confessed lead-foot
SpeedoMinder™ is perfect for me to keep alerted to my speed while keeping my eyes on the road. SpeedoMinder™ has taught me the real value of the cruise-control.
A clever design incorporating intuitive driver's behaviour and smart programming logic plus HERE.com API data,
has evolved into an easily customised and versatile
Over-Speed Limit Alert App.
SpeedoMinder Home Page
SpeedoMinder Config Page - part 1
SpeedoMinder Config Page - part 2
SpeedoMinder Apple iWatch - Haptic Alert + Pop-up Notification