Just To Name A Few Reasons.....
Keep your eyes on the road
Hear the audio alert.
Feel the Haptic* alert thru your gas pedal!
Smart programming logic
limits unnecessary Alerts.
OSM Speed Limits API
BLE ~ Bluetooth Low Energy
connected to Haptic* Device
- Speedo Minder uses OSM Maps API for online speed limit data, to give you your local speed limit.
- Open Street Maps is an open source mapping data set.
It’s free to use and relies on community members for updating and correcting road data.
Anyone can join and improve the road data in their area. Note the “O” icon on the main page is for OSM.
- You need the phone to be open to the sky for the GPS signal and online to receive the OSM data refreshing every 20 seconds.
- The packet of data sent to the OSM database server is tiny.
- If you find the bottom circle is not populating with the local speed limit it’s likely because OSM is not updated for that road.
After 3 x 20 seconds ‘Searching’ cycles, the app will pop up an option for manual input of local speed limits.
Alternatively, tap the OSM icon to bring up Manual Input of Speed Limit from the icons available and choose the correct limit for your road.
If you wish, you can join the OSM community and update your local roads.
When you believe OSM is available again simply tap the OSM icon again to go back to auto OSM API speed limit updates.
- If you find the bottom circle is populating with the wrong local speed limit it’s likely because OSM is in need of an updated for that road. For now, tap the
OSM icon to bring up Manual Input of Speed Limit from the icons available and choose the correct limit for your road.
If you wish you can join the OSM community and update your local roads.
- Occasionally you’ll want to temporarily silence the alerts. Tapping the speaker icon will pause alerts for 30 seconds.
You’ll see a line across the icon for 30 seconds.
- See the Answer to Question 5.
- The app needs your GPS location in order to know the local speed limit data for the bottom circle.
- Drivers will find their own configuration to best suit their driving conditions,
however setting the ‘over-speed’ to +3 and the ‘Repeat Alert Frequency’ to every 4 seconds will work for most drivers.
- The BLE device is in prototype and soon will launch on Kickstarter.
You will be offered a free App upgrade if you buy a BLE vibrating Device.
- We are using Connect and TestBuzz while developing the BLE Vibrating Device.
- If you need to answer a call the app will continue to ‘run in background’.
- This is a feature for future updates.
~ speed checking co-pilot ~ 'buzzer' device
on your accelerator pedal!
Speedo Minder™ has been designed fully pre-set
and configured straight out the box.
Stay safe and stay alert to creeping over the legal speed limit.
The GPS in your Smartphone is not a substitute for your attention to the posted road-side speed limit signs.
The GPS requires open sky access and a good signal.
For SpeedoMinder™ to work you must allow the app access to the GPS device in your Smartphone.
Users can Enable/Disable the app to run in the background.
This is ideal for when you're running your music or a hands-free kit through the phone.
Users can Enable/Disable the phone vibrating feature.
Use the + and - buttons to vary the volume of the Alert Tones.
Users can toggle for either Kmh or Mph.
This feature allows the user to choose the maximum 'frequency'of Alerts during any given period of time.
The range is 1 to 30 seconds.
Default is 5 seconds. i.e. only 1 Alert per 5 seconds.
Tapping the 'speaker icon' will temporarily silence the alerts for a
set time of 30 seconds.
Alert notifications will 'resume'
at the end of the 30 second count-down.
Over-Speed magnitude can be toggled up and down from +1 to +9 Kmh/Mph.
As a self-confessed lead-foot
SpeedoMinder™ is perfect for me to keep alerted to my speed while keeping my eyes on the road. SpeedoMinder™ has taught me the real value of the cruise-control.
Patent pending design incorporating an iOS and Android App with
Audio/Visual Alerts and/or Haptic* Device Alert for drivers.
Take the stress out of speed limits.
A clever design incorporating intuitive driver's behaviour and smart programming logic plus Open Street Maps assistance,
has evolved into easily customised and versatile
Over-Speed Limit Alert App.
SpeedoMinder Home Page - Kmh
SpeedoMinder Home Page - Mph
SpeedoMinder Home Page - Manual speed input Kmh.
SpeedoMinder Home Page - Manual speed input Mph.
SpeedoMinder Config Page.
SpeedoMinder Config Page.